Tuesday, November 10, 2009

what a drag


The other night i went to a screening/lecture of Jack Smiths Flaming Creatures. Although I have seen the film many times im always up for another go. Although many issues are always brought up when watching his films I found that after watching this film in a different context and state I feel as if no real issues were addressed and it was more of a state of mind that was achieved. The man giving the lecture did, however, make me think of such things....Should I be offended that men are playing women? The rape scene seems a bit lighthearted.....I cant deny the fact that he has created a culture that i am in awe and adoration of...drag culture would not have been the same without jack. I am curious to know your thoughts on his work and anything else you have to say to me as well.
Totally Tuesday,
Natalee

No comments: